NCFFL Scoring changes began with the 2015 season
The following are rule changes that were implemented at the start of the 2015 season. Over the past few seasons some questions have come up on some defensive scoring, Thursday transactions, & lineup deadlines.
The scoring parameters in the web system at one point did not allow for multiple player scoring. It was either award the TD to the player or the defense. That has changed. The following scoring points will be added to defenses beginning with the 2015 season. All other defensive scoring will remain as is.
- Team defense get 6 points for kickoff return TD (as well as the individual player) This is the number of kickoff returns in a game that are returned all the way for a TD.
- Team defense get 6 points for punt return TD (as well as the individual player) This is the number of punt returns in a game that are returned all the way for a TD.
- Team defense get 6 points for blocked punt TD return This is the number of blocked punts that are returned all the way for a TD.
- Team defense get 6 points for blocked field goal TD return This is the number of blocked field goals that are returned all the way for a TD.
- Team defense get 1 point for blocked punt This is the number of punt attempts in a game that are blocked by a defensive player or a team defense position.
- Team defense get 1 point for blocked field goal This is the number of field goal attempts in a game that are blocked by a defensive player or a team defense position
Additionally the following rule changes on shutouts for the defense:
Shutouts: 10 points – this is increased from 7 points
Defense giving up 6 points or less: (but more than zero) 5 points – this is an added scoring category for defense.
Defense giving up 7 or more points: 0 points
Tweak to the transaction deadline.
All transaction requests will be due by 10 pm on Wednesday each week. So requests can be made and submitted from 6 AM Tuesday to 10 pm Wednesday. The transactions will be processed Wednesday night after the deadline. Beginning Thursday morning at 6 am First Come/First Serve transactions can be made until 12 Noon on Sunday. This eliminates the Thursday night deadline crunch and Thanksgiving day where 6 teams play a game.
NCFFL lineups will be due by kickoff of the NFL game that the player is in. Once the game has begun for the NFL game, your player will be locked in or out of your lineup. This will ease the decision of some of those players who play in the 4 pm or later games who may be a game time decision.
I’m also probably going to have to tweak the payouts a bit. Costs for the web system we use for the season as well as the draft have gone up over the past few years. I have personally ran the league at a deficit because of that. I’d like to reduce that deficit amount without raising league fees. Of course if all you are willing to pay more for your season fees, I’ll go along with that as well raise some of the payouts.
Otherwise there will at least be a slight reduction in the weekly payouts. Other areas where I’m looking to reduce are the Garage Bowl game, Most Points, and/or Division Winners. Any suggestions, comments, or thoughts on this will be appreciated.